Date: 7th August 2005
Time: 10am – 9pm
Places: Hentian Puduraya, Genting Skyway, Genting Highlands, Gombak's Putra LRT, KL Sentral, Sungei Wang & Low Yatt Plaza.
Breakfast: Budget nasi lemak at RM1.50 with a tiny piece of egg.
Transports Back: Private Taxis (RM60), Gombak's Putra LRT & KL Monorail
SEA Fastest & Longest Cable Car System
The Long Queue
Catch Some Clouds
The Theme Park
The Down-Hill View
Date: 6th August 2005
Time: 2pm – 1am
Place: Petronas Twin Tower (KLCC)
Transport: By Foot
Lunch: Food court
Damn packed! Got what huh?
The Twin Tower Bridge
Pikom PC fair at Convention Center
The Creative Girls
The Convention Center at night. Can you see the peoples?
Water fountain near KLCC
Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, covers an area of 243.6 sq. km and has a population of 1.5 million.
Where to stay?
What to do in KL eh?
1. Petronas Twin Towers – The 41st and 42nd floor skybridge link is open to a fixed number of visitors every day. The only way for tourists to enter is to queue in the lobby for a free ticket for either the morning or afternoon session.
2. KL Lake Gardens is a pleasant area generously spread over a hundred hectares. Located within these grounds is the National Monument dedicated to Malaysia's military heroes. Around the Lake Gardens are the Orchid Gardens and the Deer Park. Not far away are the Butterfly Park and Bird Park. All are pleasant enough and may be of particular interest to naturalists.
3. The National Mosque is the largest in the country and is set in peaceful, well-kept grounds. Modern and a little lego-like it doesn't really warrant a visit, in contrast to the enchanting Masjid Jamek, the oldest and most beautiful mosque in KL.
4. Sultan Abdul Samad Building – The famous Sultan Abdul Samad Building was built in the late 19th century to house the British administration and is now home to the Supreme and High Courts. This flamboyant and intricate example of Moorish architecture faces Dataran Medaka (Medaka Square) – the centre for National Day celebrations, and for those who are interested, here flies the highest flagpole in Asia.
5. KL Tower – Menara Kuala Lumpur ranks fourth among the tallest telecommunications towers in the world and was constructed over a period of four years and completed in May 1996. http://www.menarakl.net/
Where to shop?
1. Central Market
2. Chinatown – Chinatown stretches along the entire length of Jalan Petaling. Shops are open throughout the day; after 6pm, the Pasar Malam (night market) takes over, the road is closed to traffic and the street comes alive with stalls, restaurants and crowds. Here you can buy anything from imitation handbags to souvenirs, clothes, herbal remedies and local trinkets.
3. Chow Kit Market – Chow Kit Market only opens on Saturday nights and offers a wide selection of produce along with the opportunity to sample some local foods while meandering through the stalls.
4. Suria KLCC – Heralded as Malaysia's leading mall, the Suria KLCC is a vast complex with a broad choice of over 250 speciality shops and numerous cafes and restaurants.
5. City Square and Ampang Plaza – near Ampang Park LRT Station.
6. Sungei Wang – Catering to the lower to middle range budget is Sungei Wang situated close to similar malls near the junction of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Bukit Bintang. http://www.sungeiwang.com/
7. Berjaya Times Square
8. Low Yatt Plaza
Place of Interests?
1. Batu Caves – These limestone caves sit at the top of a 272-step climb and feature colourful Hindu shrines and temples. Attracting sizeable crowds of visitors and worshippers daily, monkeys often congregate and harass for food. The busiest and liveliest time to visit is during the Thaipusam festival early in the year, when thousands of pilgrims converge to pay homage. http://mmtreks.com/belum/batu_caves.htm
2. Genting Highlands – One hour north, The Genting Highlands is a big favourite with people from all over Asia and features an extensive amusement and entertainment complex. This bright and noisy labyrinth offers something for all the family from arcade games and magic shows to Malaysia's only casino – definitely not for those trying to get away from it all! http://www.genting.com.my/ ~ Getting There
3. Sunway Lagoon http://www.sunway.com.my/lagoon/ ~ Cheaper Tickets
Date : 1st – 3rd July 2005
Destination : Ipoh (Perak – Malaysia)
Map : Interactive Map
Transportations : Sri Maju (RM48) & Starstrip Quest (RM40)
Hotel : Excelsior Hotel (RM188 – Superior)
Dinners : Vivo American Pizza & Panini & Secret Recipe Cakes & Cafe
Attraction : Lost World of Tambun Water Park (RM21 – 25% discount)
Just a road drama-mamak story i had this morning…
As usual i was riding my bike at the PIE towards Toa Payoh… I was at the middle lane and i saw a black car was behind me. So i changed to the right lane. And this fucking driver was still behind me, at the right lane.
There was a car infront of me, so i just keep a distant from the front car. I noticed that the black car behind me was tail-gating me. So i played with my foot brake, furthermore, it raining so i just dry up and test that my brake is working fine. Then this fucking indian guy horned me. So i played with my front brake too. I raised my hand with some fingers upwards (noted i say some fingers).
He still tail-gating me when i raised my hand. So i keep on playing with my brakes to indicate to him not to follow me. This fucking idiot just one of the road bullies that think the fucking PIE are for cars only, me the motorbiker should just drive on the left or middle lanes. By tail-gating me, he think i will fuck off to the side and let him tail-gating the front car. My bike can go up to 130km/hr, so i had the right to use it.
Then i ride in between cars to avoid him. After a while he was out of sight. When i filtered to Toa Payoh near the Police Academy, the black car was at the road divider between towards Thomson and Toa Payoh. He raised his hand out of the car (not sure he showed his middle finger at me). I horned at him.
I know he will follow me all the way. So i just headed to my working place. I thought the security guard will stop the fucking indian, but he just went in without stopping.
At first i was thinking of going to the underground carpark, but i sensed it was not a good place as i don't know how many people was in the car. So i just ride to the back allley of the carpark. Unlucky, the company had already widen up the road, so the fucking driver had the chance to keep on following me.
My bike skiddded when i took a sudden right turn. Lucky i managed to prevent it from falling. The chasing continues until i saw my collegue and a few guys having their smoking break.
I stopped near them and told them what had happened. Then the fucking indian stopped beside me and told me that he saw me showing my middle finger at him. I told him, i didn't.
I told him, that he was tail gating me but he said that i was riding slowly at 70km/hr. This stupid fucker was an idiot. It was drizling and the road is wet, so the driving speed should be lowered. I told him that there was a car infront of me, but he try to change the topic telling me he captured me showing my middle finger on his camera phone and told me whether i want him to report it the police.
He said he was in a hurry and was using the right lane to overtake. What the hell he want to overtake when there was a car infront of me! If there was no car infront, i surely give way to him. Such a stupid idiot. In a hurry, still have time to chase me???
From the way he speak, he was just wasting my time and i just let him finish his talking and fucked off as we just keep our mouth shut.
By the way, are we not allowed to use the phone while driving? He want to report, go ahead, by the way, i never do a middle fingered to any drivers, i normally raised my hand with 3 fingers upward, just to confuse them.
Furthermore i'm not pointing at him in the first place as i was infront of him. I'm not stupid to show my only middle finger to someone. It is permissible to use the middle finger to point to something (in my case if i want to use my middle finger, the sky).
I can report him to the police for speeding, tail-gating, using hp while driving, acusing me of showing my middle finger, entering a company compound without permission and chasing me dangerously.
I don't think he took my picture with my fingers up. He just want to scared me. He got no strong evident to show the police. Actually he was the one who was scared because i got some friends with me. He did'nt even dare to come out of his car.
Anyway, i think this fucking indian (2351) got nothing to do, just follow me all the way to my working place and just voiced out his anger. Maybe he also got so much patrol to waste, i think he went to buy the 26% discount the oil company give that day. hahaha..
What the motif of this fucking indian? I think he intend to beat me up, but can't do it when he saw some guys were with me. So he just blew out his anger. And one more thing, he has a lot of chances of stopping me as i was not in the mood of speeding that day because i was more concern of my safety while riding on a wet road. He could overtake me and block me, but why was he just following me??
That Indian Guy Must Be Crazy!
Today the front page of The Sunday Times was talking about the mystery of the falling marbles. They comes out with theories for the cause of the sound of falling marbles.
I think all the theories are not true as i used to heard the sound of falling marbles myself. It was directly above my room and it always happened after 12:00 AM! From what i know, my neighbour got only 3 young girls. I don’t think they play marbles. I also encountered the sound of children running and jumping at the kitchen after 12:00 AM!
At first, these things spooked me, but as times go by, i got used to it as i know that there is someone living above me. If the flat above is vacant, it surely make me feel scared!
The 3 explanations:
Reason A: When water flow is suddenly, the change in presure rattles the pipes, which may sound like marbles dropping after distortion through walls.
Why do the sound occured above my room? When i was at the hall which is nearer to the water pipes, i could not heard it!
Reason B: Some pre-fabricated floors used in HDB flats have an embedded high-strngth steel cable which can give off creaking sounds when they contract.
Same question i have with Reason A. One more question, why it do not happen every night?
Reason C: It is really children playing with marbles.
Do all Singapore’s children play marbles in the middle of the night?
One more reason why i said that the theories are all false because i did not encountered any of the things when my neighbour move out and my new 2nd and 3rd neighbour take over!