1. From the thread link above, download both the TWRP.zip and root-stable.zip files and copy them to your sdcard.
2. Shut-down your device and then power on and go to boot mode and select recovery mode.
3. From the menu, navigate to APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD2. Select the TWRP.zip and install it then shut-down again.
4. Power up the device and go to recovery mode again.
5. From the TWRP Recovery menu, press the install button and find the root-stable.zip. This will root your device. Voila!
You can also use different ROMs here.
You can manage your android from your favorite browser using AirDroid apk.
It transfer files to and from your device via web browser. Wireless operation via WiFi connection.
No client required on computer, enjoy all functions & features just in your browser. Free of drivers or computer environment limits.
IM like interface, search contacts or copy the messages, chat with your friends more conveniently. Quick and easy group texting from the comfort of your desktop.
Organize music, photos, videos, messages and call logs with contacts. Much easier apps install, uninstall and even backing up. Play music and video clips stored on device, or view your photos on the big computer screen.
Provide convenient management on your device. Including Device Status, Processes Manager, Apps Manager and SD Card control.
Device screenshot, multiple desktops, weather, calendar, url transfer, etc.
While googling, I found this link that guided me step-by-step to get Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 into my Nexus 7.
But there is a quick little trick that will push the OTA update into my Nexus 7 immediately.
1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to the Nexus 7’s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.
This trick was taken from this site.
YouWave for Android is one of the alternative way I did run on my Win7 notebook. It seems to run from a virtual machine. As I was trying the trial software and the trial period had expired, I could not write up more details about the software.
Not all apks can run as it is using native code which is not supported.
Some of the key technical features:
- Supports Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Runs on Windows XP/Vista/7, 32/64 bit
- Simulated SD card functionality – enables game saving
- Saved State – enables fast restart
- Enables multi-player online games
- Dynamic rotating – phone-like instant response
- Volume control buttons
- Retractable control panel
You can try iPadian if you like to run Apple’s ios in your PC.
Here is the steps I found in androidforums.com. Managed to cached it from the broken link. 1. Search, Download and Install Steamy Window apk.
2. Run the application and tab the Back key.
3. Go to the screen you want to print screen.
4. Tab and hold the Home key.
5. Tab the Steamy Window app.
6. Wipe away all the steam.
7. Tab the Menu key.
8. Save the image.
This tips does not works in Android 2.3.4!
ALL 13 MediaCorp Radio Stations in ALL four languages now on your Android phone.
MeRadio from MediaCorp delivers the culturally diverse and cosmopolitan sound of Singapore wherever YOU are. Now you can hear your favorite stations and get the best audio entertainment and up-to-the-minute news and information on the go.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and Nokia phones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages at no cost. Free for the first year!
Winamp for Android (beta) offers a complete media management solution for 2.1 OS & above. Sync your music from the Winamp desktop player over USB or Wi-Fi. Learn more – http://bit.ly/bfLxap.
Other features: persistent audio playback controls, play queue, scrobbling, playlist shortcuts, lock screen & widget player.
Since I can’t find a way to download the apks to the OS, I had to install the apks directly from the internet.
1. From the VMware console with Android OS 3 loaded, press ALT+F1 to go to the command box.
2. Change the current path by typing: cd /system/app
3. From the cmmand line, type wget http://server_path/apkfile.apk to install the apk. (ping the server_path to get the ip address.)
4. Press ALT+F7, to go back to the desktop and voila, enjoys!
Here are some of the free apks servers:
http://www.pcmaniacs.net/g1/files/apps/Android_apps/ (ip: 24.171.288.199)