Skip to content

January 27, 2008

Starhub MaxOnline Express Lagging?

Since the 1st day of year 2008, my Starhub MaxOnline Express is becoming slower and slower. Starhub said that they had enhanced MaxOnline Express download speeds to 8Mbps; I do not feel any speed boost, but a noticed the surfing speed had decrease a lot.

This week, I’m getting the worst ever crawling speed till yesterday I can even surf the net. Today morning I steal/borrow my neighbour MaxOnline Premium broadband and found that my neighbour also had a bad connection. While connecting the Wi-Fi, I saw my next door neighbour is now using a Wi-Fi with their door unit numbers as their Wi-Fi name. I guess they are using Starhub MaxOnline too since my internet was so bad starting from yesterday.

I called the Starhub 1633 at 3 plus and told them to check what had happened to my connection. No updates from them until now. Thinking of downgrading to surf lite or terminating my internet soon.

Starhub download test tool here. Wondering where is the upload test tool?

Links:
Starhub status by forumers
A Guide to Residential Broadband in Singapore

Read more from Old School
8 Comments Post a comment
  1. Jan 27 2008

agree… the response is slower than beofre Jan 1

2. Jan 27 2008

My favorite speed test tool.

You can try connecting to singapore server to test your speed, and to some overseas server, to see if starhub has problems with overseas bandwidth

3. Hyral
    Jan 28 2008

You haven’t heard about the Starhub issue?
    They tried to cover up the problem, but it was then revealed in Strait Times that Starhub is experiencing a faulty in their network equipment. But as always, they won’t come clean with the customer. Me and my friends called them up, and they said the fault isn’t on their side.

4. admin
    Jan 28 2008

Thanks Hyral for the info.

They did some maintenance a few weeks ago at my block. Since then it’s becoming more worst.

I did changed all the coaxial cables and reintalling my windows to make sure that there is no viruses that affect the internet speed.

At this time my internet seems ok… must wait after 8pm.

5. Hyral
    Jan 30 2008

Okay do post an update is possible.

6. ts
    Feb 23 2008

How is it now? Does it still have problem?
    I intend to sign up maxonline lite.

7. mike lim
    Apr 28 2011

where i am.
    cunt even get decent signal for HP,
    let alone StarHub cable signals.
    Apparently there is a sub-station nearby.
    but off NO use..

So I signed up for Singtel ….
    same old, same old
    also poor signal.

Guess short of screaming my head off and
    suing the daylight of these FRAUDSTERS!!!cos that’s what they are (tho they will always balme
    the other party; they only other soultion is go
    jump ship to M1 and see if this conspiracy involves ALL the Telcos.

My guess is…… Is that it is.

Just like the Oil Cartels.

We are being ROYALLY SCREWED,
    left right and Front to the Centre.

That in a nutshell is what being SINK-A-”POOR”-REAN IS all about. So come election time vote for the PAPPIES, my frens

HA HA

Suckers!!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Starhub Maxonline Express Still Lagging?